Waste & Recycling
- Landfill Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 2 pm to 6 pm, and Saturday from 9:30 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 6 pm (closed on public/stat holidays).
- RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION - BI-WEEKLY FRONT YARD PICK-UP COMMENCES THE WEEK OF NOV 4/2019. West side Wednesdays, East side Thursdays.
- Untarped or unsecured loads of garbage will be levied a surcharged at the Unity Landfill- please follow correct procedures when transporting waste in an effort to eliminate littering along the roadways.
- When cutting lawns, please do not spread cuttings onto sidewalks and streets- this causes potential issues and clogging with the Town's surface water drainage systems.
- Watering Schedule- NO WATERING TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND SUNDAY. East and West Side watering permitted Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, recommended for early morning or in the evening to limited waste/evaporation.
- The Town of Unity and Loraas Disposal have now implemented curb side recycling. Glass is not permitted in these bins, to be disposed of in the yellow bin west of the Public Works Shop building. Styrofoam is not accepted and must be disposed on in your regular garbage/tag-a-bag bags. SARCAN is still collecting their approved products as well. Clothing may be dropped off at the Unity Community Resource Centre (New to You Clothing) at 210 Main Street, during their regular hours only.
- RESIDENTIAL RECYCLING: Ensure bins are out by curbs by 7 am the day of pickup; park at least 4 ft from bins; no glass in curb side bins; place products loose in bins (do not bag or tie); do not overfill or place product on top of bins.
- For a list of ACCEPTABLE RECYCLING PRODUCTS, and those that ARE NOT ACCEPTED, click HERE.
- For a printable 2020 WASTE COLLECTION and RECYCLING SCHEDULE click HERE.