Unity & District Chamber of Commerce
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Voting priviledges at monthly and annual Chamber of Commerce Meetings
- Reduced marketing costs for Chamber promotions
- Reduced registration costs for Chamber educational events
- Access to Group Benefits Program (for more info click HERE)
- An Enhanced Business Listing on the Town of Unity Business Directory (includes map location, website, email, business description)
- Your involvement in a strong central voice for business success in the Unity District.
|Unity Chamber of Commerce Executive|
President - Helena Long
The Chamber of Commerce meets for lunch meetings the 4th Wednesday of every month (except July and August) at different member locations, call an executive member for the next meeting place and time.
Special Chamber of Commerce events include Canada Day fireworks and celebrations, Western Days downtown events, Christmas Promotions and Santa Claus Days as well as the Annual 'Celebrate Unity' Banquet.
- Agriculture will continue to be the major industry for the area but with new potential. The town has two inland grain terminals and two implement dealerships.
- Mining - The Unity Sifto Salt Plant, built in 1949, has historically and will continue to be the largest employer of the Town of Unity with over 60 employees. Sifto continues to be a major manufacturer of bulk and packaged salt for various uses.
- Oil and gas developments are an important contributor to the prosperity of the community and to the success of companies servicing this sector.
- Available serviced commercial land can save businesses thousands of dollars in costs and taxes compared to property in major cities.
- Attractive business incentive packages are available to ventures that provide Unity with an increased population and/or tax base.
- Retail opportunities continue to expand. The vitality of the retail and service sectors is apparent in the Main Street 2000 program with its major renovations to the downtown area.
- Communications links are amongst the best in the world, with fibre optic technology leading the way.
- Transportation links include major north-south and east-west highway routes, two major railways (Canadian National and Canadian Pacific), and one of the busiest municipal airports in Saskatchewan.The Via Rail passenger service linking the West Central Region to major centres across Canada stops at Unity.
- Unity, with a labour force that has a strong work ethic and skills required for growing companies, welcomes new businesses.
- Tax Incentives - The Town of Unity offers attractive incentives for new business locating in Unity, or the expansion of existing business in Unity. The Commercial and Industrial Incentive Policy provides support in the form of tax credits to reimburse sales tax, as an incentive to support local building suppliers, and in creating new employment. For a copy of the Town of Unity's Commercial and Industrial Incentive Policy, contact the Town of Unity.
- The Town of Unity supports existing and potential development in the Unity District. Under the supervision of Town Council, the Director of Economic Development for the Town of Unity provides business planning, marketing consultation, site location assistance, advise on financing options, assistance on feasibility studies, event planning, tourism development, and industry and government department referral. For information on Economic Development, contact the Town of Unity.