Occupies the north part of the Regional Park and features restored schools, a church, one of the original early homes of Unity, CP Rail Station and has two large quonsets full of restored cars, trucks, a steam engine, and a threshing machine. Click HERE for a link to the Museum website.
About the Collections
30 buildings and monuments, some furnished with artifacts plus several tractors, farm machinery and engines
History of Buildings
Adanac Hall - built in 1910. Masonic Hall upstairs since 1911.
Adanac School - SD #2210. This school was built in 1950. Our OFFICE is located within plus our one-room school display.
Adanac Church - St Thomas Anglican Church was built in 1908.
Blacksmith-s Shop- A granary now used to repair machinery/displays.
Centennial Pole Shed- Built in 2005-06 to display machinery.
CPR Station- Built in 1909 and located 2 miles north of Unity.
Eastbank School - SD#3525. Built in 1915 on SW 29-41-23-W3.
Harness Shop - Built by George German, houses shoe and harness artifacts.
Horsman House - Farm house built in 1911 by David Horsman, 1906 pioneer.
Millennium Time Capsule - Built by Masons/ metal fabrication by Hutterites in 2000, to be opened in 2050.
Pete Craig Stone House - Built between 1906 & 1914, dismantled and rebuilt by Jake and Yvonne Nickel. Clay oven built in 2000.
Robertson House - Originally located at 201-4th Ave W, built in 1912.
Rosemary School Barn - Built in 1919 on NE-3-40-23, used for storage.
Soddie - Built in 2006 by Zunti family, replica of Zunti soddie.
Swarthmore United Church - Built in 1926 by Society of Friends, Methodists and Presbyterians.
Costumes and Accessories
Furniture or Furnishings
Household Objects or Domestic Technology
Maps, Charts, Plans or Blueprints
Medical History and Technology
Military History and Technology
Conservation or Restoration
Guided Tours :
Meeting Room Rental
Special Needs Facilities
Volunteer Services Available
Volunteer Training Offered
Number of volunteers: 32
Hours & Admission
Open Mid-May to October 2-5 p.m. 7 days a week
Adanac Hall Rental
All day Hall & Kitchen- $125
All day Hall only- $100
Part Day Hall- $60
Less than 3 hours Hall- $35
Unity & District Heritage Museum
Unity Regional Park
(located in north end of the park on north side of 7th Avenue East), Unity, Saskatchewan
CLICK HERE to visit a page of Historical Unity Photos
Settlement of the area began in 1904 and Unity began to develop with the arrival of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway in 1908. By the early 1920s, Unity-s population was over 600 and growing. The community experienced somewhat of a decline during the 1930s, but subsequently recovered, particularly after World War II. Much of the community-s return to prosperity and future growth was due to oilfield exploration. After natural gas was discovered near Unity, local furnaces and coal stoves were converted to burn the gas and, in 1944, Unity became one of only three communities in Saskatchewan with their own domestic natural gas system, prior to SaskPower being given the authority in the 1950s to establish the provincial utility. Drilling for oil in the Unity area also revealed a substantial deposit of sodium chloride (common salt) laid down when much of Saskatchewan was covered by inland seas. In the late 1940s, a salt mine was developed and, today, the mine, operated by Sifto Canada, is the community-s largest employer with 60 employees. Further, exploratory drilling also revealed extensive deposits of potash, and the first attempt at potash mining in Saskatchewan, indeed, in Canada, was made near Unity in the early 1950s. The industrial activity in the area, combined with modified and more successful agricultural practices after the dry years of the 1930s, caused the town-s population to skyrocket. The community-s numbers rose from 682 in 1941, to 1,248 in 1951, and, between 1955 to 1965, approximately 100 new homes were built in the town. By 1966, the population was 2,154.