1. Significantly More Money Re-Circulates In the Unity District.
When you purchase at Unity businesses rather than at big-box or in the City, more money is kept in the community. Purchasing local helps grow other businesses as well as the Unity tax base.
2. Non Profits Receive Greater Support.
Local business owners donate much more to local charities than non-local owners.
3. Unique Businesses Create Character & Prosperity
The unique character of the Town of Unity is what brought us here and keeps us here.
4. Environmental Impact Is Reduced.
Travelling to shop out of Unity costs $ and creates pollution.
5. Most New Jobs Are Provided By Local Businesses.
Small local businesses are the largest employers nationally.
6. Customer Service Is Better.
Local businesses often hire people with more specific product expertise for better customer service.
7. Local Business Owners Invest In Community.
Local businesses are owned by people who live in Unity and are more invested in the community's future.
8. Public Benefits Far Outweigh Public Costs.
Local businesses require comparatively little infrastructure.
9. Competition And Diversity Leads To More Consumer Choices.
A marketplace of several small local businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
10. Investment In the Town of Unity Is Encouraged.
A healthy and successful local business community in Unity will encourage more business development and investment.